The "Lady's Easter Basket"
Easter is always a "fun" holiday in my book. By the time it rolls around, we've come down from the Christmas high and survived winter here in Chicago, and are looking for reasons to pull out the seersucker, throw a little celebration, and put together some happy treats. My love for Easter grew exponentially once I had kids. My husband laughs at me because I start putting things aside for baskets on January 2nd. And as much as that might be a little crazy, it's awfully fun to make their holidays special. We have some DARLING Easter basket ideas for the kiddos coming up, so stay tuned. But today, it's all about the Mamas.
Whether you are putting together a basket for your mother, your aunt, your sister, your bestie, or just want to slyly slip some ideas your husband's way, here are some of our favorite items for "The Lady's Easter Basket!"
- First up, I absolutely LOVE these moss baskets from Pottery Barn. Stuff it full of personalized stationery (this has our Spring toile and basketweave notepads in it) or a plant, and it makes a darling gift on it's own. We tied it up with our lemon tree die cut gift tag.
- A bamboo picture frame is a treasured gift, especially if you put a picture of the littles in it for the grandparents.
- This oversized tassel key chain from Sara Campbell is so cute as an accessory on a handbag for Spring.
- These hot pink tear drop earrings from KEP Designs are one of my new favs - they are so light I forget I'm wearing them (until my 10 month old tries to yank them out of my ears!) and add such a fun pop to any outfit.
- A little blue and white jar is always a welcome gift!
- Gray Malin's new book, Escape, is a fabulous addition to an Easter basket or hostess gift. His images always make me happy, and this new book has me dreaming of beach days!
Tell me, what are your favorite Easter treats for the ladies in your life?
Leave a comment